The international architectural design firm Jonathan Bailey has been selected by CCHE to design the planned CCHE expansion. An American firm, Jonathan Bailey was chosen as it is renowned for its unique vision for healthcare facilities. Not only is Jonathan Bailey an expert in hospital design, but firm leaders also know current European and American benchmark standards for pediatrics, oncology and hospital design. They have numerous healthcare facilities in their repertoire located in the Arab world and in other global locations and we are confident that they will build on CCHE’s image of being a world class hospital.
Jonathan Bailey was selected from a pool of many proposals to design the expansion, which
is expected to be underway within the coming year. ECN has offered to fund $300,000 of the design, which will total $12 million in costs. The design will include a bed tower, a radiology center, a proton therapy wing, a health sciences academy and a research institute.
We are pleased to announce this partnership as a special collaboration which will further facilitate the exchange between the US and Egypt, benefiting both countries on health and socio-economic levels.
The new expansion will include:
- 240 new beds
- A LEED green building
- An eight-story research center
- A new healthcare science academy for nursing, healthcare administration,
- technicians, social workers, hospitality and facility management
- A proton therapy center for the safest and most advanced treatment options as well as new revenue from outlying hospitals
- A guest house that will accommodate 300 families (62% patie
nts are coming from outside Cairo
- 150 Hospice care beds for patients at both Hospital 57357 and National Cancer Institute
On July 18th, 2012, we received our first schematics drawings for the outside of the building:
Please visit this page again in the near future as we will be updating it regularly with new information on the status of our expansion.