• Associate Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Emory University.
• Head Team Physician: Oglethorpe University, Georgia Perimeter College and Spellman college.
• Consulting Team Physician: Atlanta Falcons, Georgia-Tech Athletics
• Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons. Canada (FRCSC)
• Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
• Subspecialty Certification in Sports Medicine Surgery/ Foot & Ankle Surgery.
Dr. Labib has joined Emory University Faculty in 1999 after 7 years of successful private practice. Born in Egypt, Dr. Labib attended Medical School in Cairo and graduated with Honors. After 2 years of general surgery training, he moved to Montreal, Canada, where he completed an Orthopedic Surgery residency at the prestigious McGill University.
In addition to his residency training, Dr. Labib has completed 3 post graduate fellowship programs in Sports Medicine Surgery at the University of Western Ontario, Orthopedic Research Fellowship at McGill University and a Foot and Ankle Surgery Fellowship at the American Sports Medicine Institute in Birmingham, Alabama.
Dr. Labib is multilingual and an active member of numerous national and international orthopedic organizations where he has lectured extensively. He has numerous video presentations, Book chapters and scientific publications in peer- reviewed journals such as Arthroscopy, JBJS, and Foot & Ankle International. Dr. Labib has been selected as one of America’s Top Doctors by CastleConnly.com since 2009. Recently, Dr. Labib was nominated by his peers as one of the Best sports medicine doctors in Atlanta by the Atlanta Magazine.
Areas of Clinical Interest:
- Sports Injuries and arthroscopy of the knee and ankle.
- Cartilage Repair to preserve the knee and ankle.
- Reconstructive surgery of the knee and foot.